The ORC Junior Development Program has been serving the Central Florida community since it began in 2000. No other Central Florida organization has such a dedicated, nationally recognized, and award winning junior cycling program.
ORC has a history of developing highly competitive Junior Cyclists. In 2001 when Sara McLarty was the first ORC Junior racer to win a Junior National Championship. Since that time ORC Junior racers have gone on to win additional National Championship Titles and many Florida State Championships.
ORC has the knowledge and experience required to develop top level junior racers. The program provides Junior cyclists from 9 to 18 with professional training and unique opportunities to enrich their lives, build, fitness, learn team work, and gain self-esteem.
Junior Development Program features:
- Coaching provided by Coach Bob Tyler and other experienced ORC racers. Coach Bob began racing over 30 years ago, completed USA Cycling’s highest certification level (Level One) in 2002, and is a USA Cycling Certified Skills Instructor (CSI).
- ORC Junior Team members will receive a Training Peaks Athlete Account for tracking all aspects of training.
- Junior Team members will have a training plan with guidelines appropriate for their current level of cycling development.
- Weekly coaching provided at training rides designed to promote fun, skills acquisition, and development of USA Cycling Athlete Competencies. Read more: USA Cycling Athlete Competency.
- Coaching provided at practice sessions and racing events. Coaching will include all aspects of bicycle racing: pace line riding, cornering, time trialing, bicycle handling skills, understanding racing strategy, and practicing racing tactics.
- Physical support at junior events to include team tent, water, timing chips (required to race in Florida Racing Series (FRS) events), and spare wheels with junior gearing. .
- A Junior Parent Group encouraging parents to learn the sport of cycling and become an integral part of the ORC Junior Development Program.
Partnership with Winter Garden Wheel Works
Orlando Road Club is proud to announce the support of one of Orlando's best bike shops. To promote partcipation, involvement, and growth of junior cycling in central Florida, Winter Garden Wheel Works is offering special discounts to ORC juniors. ORC junior members are eligible to receive the following discounts:
- 25% off regularly priced bicycles.
- 20% off regularly priced accessories, parts, and apparel.
- 15% off repairs to race bikes.
- 10% off bikes for immediate family members.